By Frank Jacobs, BigThink.com
June 6, 2008
One of the most recent references to the NWO by a major political figure was made by US president George Bush (Sr), who explicitly used the NWO to refer to US objectives in a Post-Cold War world. The term has a pedigree much older than the Cold War, or even both World Wars. Some might even say – and now we’re straying somewhat prematurely into the field of conspiracy theory – that it goes all the way back to Roman times, as is attested by the (modified) quote of the Roman poet Virgil on the revers of the US Great Seal and (significantly or not, since 1935) on the back of the dollar bill: Novus Ordo Seclorum – literally: ‘A New Order for the Ages’.
In a modern context, it was the British imperialist Cecil Rhodes (who gave his name to Rhodesia) who first proposed a federal world government to be imposed by the US and the British Empire. US President Woodrow Wilson was inspired by a similar concept to draw up his plans for a League of Nations in the aftermath of World War I. Most fascist regimes in the 20s, 30s and 40s of the twentieth century also proposed some sort of NWO – in fact, most styled themselves to be a ‘New Order’. H.G. Wells – he of ‘War of the Worlds’ – wrote ‘The Open Conspiracy’ (1928) in which he describes his efforts to get intellectuals to back the idea of a World Social Democracy and ‘The New World Order’ (1940), in which he details how a generation of struggle will be necessary to overcome the opponents of such a global government.
From this sketchy overview, it might be equally sketchily concluded that One World Government was the mostly benevolent projected outcome of an optimist, positivist, socialist and/or imperialist (or in some cases, national-socialist) world view, a kind of secular New Jerusalem, the best of all possible worlds. The death of communism, which as an ideal expired much earlier than its empire, can be seen as the ultimate argument against this philosophy. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it share that resource equally with the other horses. The philosophy of man is not: work as much as you can, consume as much as you need, but: work as little as you need to, consume as much as you can. Karl Marx defeated by Gordon Gekko.
And yet, optimism persists – for what else can it do? In the face of continuing efforts to better the world, to ‘unify’ it, opposition to NWO-like groups, institutions and intentions have coalesced into a myriad of theories, most of which are of a conspirational nature (I would say that, being in the pay of the Bilderberg Group), all of which fly the flag of freedom (for the secular-minded) or religion (for those who see the End Times brought nearer by the likes of UN Secretary-General Ban-Ki Moon). This is where an overview has to limit itself to naming some of the many conspirational configurations suspected to be secretly running the New World Order. Pick and mix, and create your own conspiracy: the Illuminati, the freemasons, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, the Jews, the Bilderberg Group, the G-8, the Nazis, the Bretton-Woods agreement, black helicopters, US-alien collusion, the Zionist lobby in cahoots with American Neo-Cons, those out to ‘miscegenate’ and dilute the white race, the House of Windsor, the Antichrist, a cabal of multinational corporations, extraterrestrial reptilians, the United Nations…
I don’t know whether Maurice Gomberg, of whom next to no information is traceable online, was an extraterrestrial reptilian, but he certainly has a Jewish surname, which would make him equally suspect in some circles. Not much more is known of him; it has even been suggested that this map was a Nazi forgery*, to induce fear in America of a communist takeover of the world. But I think it’s safer to assume that this map was an earnest attempt, out of the aforementioned benevolent socialist sentiments, to propose a reorganization of the world that would end war once and for all, and bring “permanent peace, freedom, justice, security and world reconstruction”. Or at least let that be our working assumption in evaluating this map. The main building blocks of his New World Order were to be:
- The United States of America (USA): the US, Canada, all Central American and Carribean states, most Atlantic islands (including Greenland and Iceland), most Pacific islands, Taiwan, Hainan, the Philippines and several now Indonesian islands, including Sulawesi. This was to be the dominant power in the world, military and otherwise.
- The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR): the Soviets were to be rewarded with Persia (Iran), Mongolia, Manchuria, Finland, and all of Eastern Europe, which subsequently would form part of the Eastern Bloc (excluding Albania, but including the real-life maverick state of Yugoslavia, socialist but anti-Soviet). All of theses states were simply to become member-states of the USSR. Austria and most of Germany, although ‘quarantained’ are shown within the Soviet sphere.
- The United States of South America (USSA): including all South American states, with the three Guianas as a single constituent state and the Falkland Islands part of the USSA.
- The Union of African Republics (UAR): All of Africa as a federation of republics.
- The Arabian Federated Republics (AFR): covering Saudi and all other states now occupying the Arabian Peninsula, plus present-day Iraq and Syria.
- The Federated Republics of India (FRI): Present-day Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Birma (Myanmar).
- The United Republics of China (URC): A federation including all parts of present-day China, Korea, the erstwhile French colony of Indochina (now Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia), Thailand and Malaya.
- The United States of Scandinavia (USS): Norway, Sweden, Denmark.
- The United States of Europe (USE): the Benelux countries, the German Rhineland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
- And finally the British Commonwealth of Nations (BCN), including Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Madagascar and most of Indonesia.
Mr Gomberg possibly took his cue for this map from US president Franklin D. Roosevelt, whose speech about Four Freedoms and a Moral Order (from his State of the Union to the 77-th Congress) he quotes, before outlining his own vision (at the bottom of the map):
“As the USA with the cooperation of the Democracies of Latin-America, the British Commonwealth of Nations and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, assumes world leadership for the establishment of a New World Moral Order for permanent peace, justice, security and world reconstruction.”
Many thanks to the many people who alerted me to this map, including Jack Alexander, David McClelland, Ilya Vinarski, Joel Thibault, Richard Stokes, Goran Zec, Sam Cicero (great name, that), Scott, Brian Truebe, Felix Hippmann, Sam Brodey, Bob G (the Bobbie Gee?) and jfrantz. The map can be found here on this page of the History Department at the University of San Diego.
* A genuine example of a map forged by the Nazis forged for propaganda purposes is this map of South America (#250). A genuine map, drawn up by an American Jew and twisted around by the Nazis for propaganda purposes is one of an ‘extinguished’ Germany (#50).
September 19, 2007
Continuing my recent “map kick“, here’s a Post-War New World Map, taken from the blog Sun Bin. Created it 1942, it proposes a post-war “New World Moral Order” — a world divided among the United States, Britain and the Soviet Union.
See the blue parts of the map? That’s the new United States and its territories. Note that Canada, Mexico, Greenland and a helluva lot of Pacific Islands, Philippines included (it was still an American protectorate at the time) are included in that area.
(Had the plan come true, the country in which I was born and every country I’ve lived in would’ve been American turf, and Wendy wouldn’t have needed to go through all that immigration rigmarole. Nor I, for that matter.)
Here’s the text at the bottom of the map, reproduced for your reading, copying/pasting, search engine and accessibility pleasure:
For this purposeful beginning we must fight until absolute victory.
- We, the U.S.A, in cooperation with out allies, for reasons of our national safety and in the interests of international morality, are determined to crush and completely destroy the military power of the Axis aggressors and their satellites regardless of cost, effort and time necessary to accomplish this task.
- The old world order of colonial oppression, exploitation of dominions, rival imperialisms and mercenary balance of power diplomacy; of majesties, dictators, privileged minorities, plutocratic monopolists and similar social parasites; the corrupted order responsible for the present world cataclysm, endangering our national safety and peaceful progress, shall never rise again.
- A New World Moral Order for permanent peace and freedom shall be established at the successful conclusion of the present war.
- For reasons of history, economic structure, favorable geography and the welfare of Mankind, the U.S.A. must, altruistically, assume the leadership of the newly established, democratic, world order.
- The reduce the burden and criminal waste of armaments expenditures everywhere in the world, the U.S.A., with the cooperation of Latin-America, the British Commonwealth of Nations, and the U.S.S.R. shall undertake to guarantee peace to the nations which will be permanently and demilitarized after the conclusion of the present war.
- In order to be able, in fulfillment of our obligations, to effectively prevent the possibility of a recurrence of another world cataclysm, the invincibility of the U.S.A. as a military, naval and air power, shall be the major prerequisite.
- For realistic considerations of strategy and our invulnerability, it is imperative that the U.S.A. shall obtain relinquishment of controls of their possessions from all foreign Powers in the entire Western Hemisphere, its surrounding waters and strategic island outposts as outlined on accompanying map.
- For considerations of hemispheric defense and in the spirit and tradition of the new Monroe Doctrine of hemispheric solidarity and the “Good Neighbour” policy, the U.S.A., with the consent of the Latin-American Republics, shall obtain control and protectorate rights of the relinquished territories.
- To strengthen our position in the Caribbean area which is of obvious importance to hemispheric defense, all possible inducements shall be offered to our neighbors of Central America and the West Indies to facilitate their entrance as equal states of the U.S.A. as outlined on map.
- To fortify the politico-economic unity of the Western Hemisphere, the U.S.A. shall promote and assist the unification of South America into a well organized, democratic, federated “United States of South America”.
- Their liberated British, French and Netherlands Guanas shall be recognized as one state of the U.S.S.A.
- All Powers shall relinquish their controls of their colonial, mandate and strategic island possessions everywhere in the world.
- The British Commonwealth of Nations, the second military and naval Power of importance cooperating in a binding compact with the U.S.A. as a Power for freedom, shall retain and acquire control of such territories, peace-seeking security bases and strategic island outposts for the maintenance of world peace and freedom of the seas as outlined on map.
- The U.S.S.R., the third military Power of importance cooperating with the U.S.A. as a Power for freedom and the maintenance of world peace, shall acquire control of the liberated, disorganized adjacent areas and those of Germany-Austria to be re-educated and eventually incorporated as equal republics of the U.S.S.R., as approximately outlined on map.
- A World League of Nationalities with arbitration and supervision powers shall be organized.
- A World Court with punitive powers of absolute boycott, quarantine, blockade and occupation by international police, against lawbreakers of international morality shall be organized.
- The U.S.A. with the close cooperation of the United States of South America, the British Commonwealth of Nations, the U.S.S.R. and the World League of Nationalities, shall promote and assist in the unification of the relinquished territories and the areas at present unsoundly divided into well organized, democratic and absolutely demilitarized federated republics as approximately outlined on map.
- The areas known as Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Switzerland, France, Spain, Portugal, the island of Corsica and eventually Italy and the islands of Sardinia and Sicily shall be unified as a demilitarized, federated “United States of Europe”.
- The areas known as Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the Spitsbergen islands shall be unified as a demilitarized, federated “United States of Scandinavia”.
- The continent of Africa shall be reorganized and unified as a demilitarized, federated “Union of African Republics”.
- The areas known as Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Hejas, Yemen, Aden and Oman, shall be unified as a demilitarized union of “Arabian Federated Republics”.
- The areas known as India, including Afghanistan, Baluchistan, Nepal, Bhuta and Burma shall be unified as a demilitarized “Federated Republics of India”.
- The areas known as China, Inner Mongolia, Tibet, Thailand, Malaya, Indo-China and Korea, shall be unified as a demilitarized, federated “United Republics of China”.
- The areas known as Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Crete, Dodecanese and adjacent islands in the Aegean Sea shall be unified as a demilitarized “Federated Republic of Greece”.
- The areas known as Eire and Northern Ireland shall be unified as a demilitarized independent republic of “Eire”.
- The area of the Holy Land of the ancient Hebrews, at present known as Palestine and Trans-Jordan, and the adjacent requisite regions outlined on map, for considerations of history and the imperative necessity to alleviate a post-war refugees problem, shall be unified as a demilitarized independent republic of “Hebrewland”.
- The area known as European Turkey, adjacent to the Dardanelles, sea of Marmora and Bosporus, for considerations of realistic peace strategy shall be placed under joint control of the U.S.S.R. and Turkey.
- The area known as Turkey shall be a demilitarized independent republic of “Turkey”.
- All problems of exchange, transfer and repatriation of populations shall be administered by the World League of Nationalities.
- The criminal perpetrators and their partners in guilt of this hideous war shall be brought to justice and unforgettable punishment administered.
- All subjects of Japan and all persons of Japanese origin of doubtful loyalty shall be permanently expelled from the entire Western Hemisphere, U.S.A. protectorates and strategic island outposts and their property confiscated for post-war reconstruction needs.
- All subjects of Germany and Italy and all persons of German and Italian origin known as active supporters of nazi and fascist ideologies shall be treated similarly.
- German, Italian and Japanese immigration to the Western Hemisphere, its protectorates and island outposts shall be indefinitely stopped.
- All persons of German origin in East Prussia and the Rhineland shall be transferred to inner Germany and the regions permanently de-Prussianized.
- All persons of German, Italian and Japanese origin shall be permanently expelled from their now conquered territories and their property confiscated for post-war reconstruction needs.
- The cleanse the population of the defeated Axis aggressors of the intoxication of military chauvinism; to effectuate the removal and destruction of their potential military establishments; to recover the accumulated loot and to re-educate them for their eventual membership in the Family of Nations, the areas of Germany-Austria, Italy and Japan shall be hermetically and indefinitely quarantined and administered by appointed Governors subject to supervision by the World League of Nationalities.
- All resources, industrial and labor capacity of the quarantined areas shall be employed for the post-war restoration and reconstruction needs.
- To reduce the numerical power of the aggressor nations, as a potential military advantage, a Population Control Policy shall be elaborated and applied in the quarantined areas.
- In the New World Moral Order which we seek to establish, besides the essential political freedom, the following fundamental economic changes are imperative:
- Nationalization of all natural resources and equitable distribution of same to all nations — everywhere in the world;
- Nationalization of international banking, foreign investments, railroads and power plants — everywhere in the world;
- Nationalization of all armaments producing establishments by all remaining military powers;
- Federal control of foreign commerce and shipping;
- The establishment of a world common monetary system.
- World-wide limitations of interest rates to a maximum of two percent.
- To retain the victory and leadership of our united democratic effort — the aim of which is not vengeance or exploitation, but freedom and security to all nations for peaceful progress — the unified “Supreme War Command of the United Nations” and the conclusion of the present war, shall be reorganized and transformed into a permanent “Supreme Military and Economic Council” collaborating with the World League of Nationalities in post-war reconstruction and to enforce world peace.
- The “Supreme Military and Economic Council” shall appoint the Governors to administer the quarantined areas until their eventual parole.
Maurice GombergMy first reaction to reading this was “Holy crap.”
My second reaction was “Hebrewland? Sounds more like the name of a denominational amusement park than a country.”
http://strangemaps. wordpress. com/2008/ 06/06/286- the-new-world- moral-map/